A few days ago, Houzz.com officially announced the results of it's annual Best of Houzz 2013 survey. The survey and analysis of the Houzz.com community reveals the top-rated professionals and design trends. JASON BALL interiors was awarded a Best of Houzz 2013 in customer satisfaction based on customer reviews and interactions with the Houzz community.
We, the interior designers at JBi, are deeply honored that our clients have bestowed this honor upon us. We work diligently each and everyday to do our very best work. With each and every project, we learn, grow and expand our own design vocabulary. It is this constant striving for excellence that we hope our clients and potential clients see. And, we are so excited by what is already in store for 2013 and can't wait to show the design world what we're working on.
“Houzz is the top choice for homeowners seeking residential remodeling and design services, providing an in-depth, 360-degree view of each professional through images of their work, reviews and an opportunity to interact with them directly on Houzz,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of community. “The ‘Best of’ winners are professionals recognized by our community of homeowners and home design enthusiasts for delivering exceptional customer service and results, and for creating the most inspiring and innovative residential designs in the past year.”
Also from the Houzz press release:
By analyzing professional images added to the most ideabooks on Houzz over the past year, Best of Houzz 2013 also serves as barometer for decorating and remodeling trends across the U.S. and around the world:
- Houzzers want to make a statement from the moment you open their front door. Popular entryways feature elaborate wall treatments such as stone, board and batten and creative storage for shoes and coats.
- Kitchen favorites include bold pendant lighting over islands and specialized built-ins to help keep cooking essentials (like spatulas and baking pans) neat and tidy. Houzzers are also drawn to architectural details like crown molding, trim and breadboard, tray and coffered ceilings, as well as neutral color palettes and shaker-style cabinetry.
- Must-haves for the bathroom are open shower spaces with glass doors, an abundance of natural light and bold tiles that are either very large or very small in size.
- Laundry rooms are getting a makeover with bright, bold hues and special touches to make the room feel less industrial and more homey such as stained glass and wallpaper.
- Firepits and outdoor fireplaces top wish lists for outdoor spaces. Stone and paver pathways and patios are also favorites. Houzzers are maximizing outdoor spaces for entertaining.
- Garages are no longer just for cars and storage. Houzzers are finding inspiration in garages transformed into a potting shed, playspace, man-cave or home office.
About Houzz Houzz (www.houzz.com) is a leading online platform for home remodeling, providing inspiration, information, ‘advice and support for homeowners and home improvement professionals through its website and mobile applications. Houzz features the largest residential design database in the world, articles written by design experts, product recommendations, a vibrant community powered by social tools, and information on more than 1.5 million remodeling and design professionals worldwide who can help turn ideas into reality. @houzz_inc